No, you will not need an internet connection to use NVivo desktop software and its features.
However you will need an internet connection to use any of the following:
- Register your user account in myNVivo Portal (part of the installation process).
- Access NVivo Transcription as this requires access to an online myNVivo account.
- Access the Office 365 integration as this sends documents to cloud storage.
- Access the Collaboration Cloud feature as projects are stored in the cloud. However, once a project is downloaded, it can be worked on offline.
- Access web links provided in the on-boarding tour as they will click through to an external website.