You should deactivate your NVivo license key:
- Before transferring the license key to a different user.
- Prior to uninstalling NVivo, or moving NVivo to a new computer.
- Prior to reformatting or reimaging your computer.
To deactivate your license key, ensure that you are connected to the Internet and then follow the steps below
1. Close any projects you have open (File > Close), saving projects when prompted if appropriate.
- New NVivo: Click on the File tab, point to Product Info, Manage License and click Deactivate License.
- NVivo 12 Windows or NVivo 11 for Windows: Click on the File tab, point to Help, point to Manage License and click Deactivate License. Click Yes to confirm.
- NVivo 10 for Windows: Click on the File tab, point to Help and click Deactivate License. Click Yes to confirm.
- NVivo for Mac: Click on the NVivo menu, point to Licensing and click on Deactivate. Click Deactivate again to deactivate the license. A message is displayed to confirm that the license has been deactivated.
2. Click OK
3. The NVivo application automatically closes.
Note: Deactivating your license key does not affect your projects. Your projects are by default stored in your Documents folder and have a file extension of:
- .nvp if you are using NVivo 12 Windows, NVivo 11 for Windows, NVivo 10 for Windows, NVivo 9 or NVivo 8
- .nvpx if you are using NVivo for Mac